Mamoru Kakuda - Of Counsel
Mamoru Kakuda focuses his practice on patent matters, including patent preparation and prosecution, formulation of opinions relating to infringement and validity and counseling for worldwide patent portfolio management, patent enforcement and patent licensing.
Prior to joining this firm, Mr. Kakuda worked for Intellectual Property Center of Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. in Japan, as a senior manager, where he managed various patent portfolios including many kinds of glass products, display devices, optical devises and materials for electronic products, prepared and prosecuted patent applications, and provided legal support on various patent matters such as patent clearances, patent licensing, patent enforcements or patent matters during corporate merger and acquisitions.
- Glass material, manufacturing and products
- Fused Silica, material manufacturing and products
- Deposition and surface treatment process
- LCD, PDP OLED substrates
- LCD devices
- Optical devices
- Inorganic chemistry
- LL. M., Temple University, Beasley School of Law
- B.S., M.S. in Geophysic, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Bachelor of Law, Toyo University, Japan
Mr. Kakuda is admitted to the District of Columbia Bar and the Japan Patent Bar, and is licensed to practice before Japanese Patent Office. He is a member of the Japanese Patent Attorneys Association.