Bryan G. Dobbs - Associate
Mr. Dobbs practices primarily in the area of patent preparation and prosecution of patent applications across a wide range of technologies. Prior to joining the firm, he worked as an extern at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, where he examined applications in the optical communications art and assisted in the development of the PPH. Additionally, Mr. Dobbs externed at the Office of the General Counsel at the United States Department of Energy. Further, he worked in various capacities as an engineer with Sargent & Lundy, S&C Electric, and Commonwealth Edison Company.
- Power electronics
- Medical devices and medical physics
- Telecommunication systems and devices
- Computer software and data processors
- Laser printers and facsimile devices
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Valparaiso University (with honors)
Mr. Dobbs is admitted to the Virginia State Bar, and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
His publications include: “Federal Circuit Decisions and the ITC: A Review of Recent Cases,” 337 Reporter, Vol. XXXI, ITC Trial Law. Ass'n, 8th Ann. Summer Associate Ed. 130, August 2010 and “A Multiple-Input DC-DC Converter Topology,” IEEE Power Electronics Letters, Vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 6-9, March 2003. Mr. Dobbs is named as an inventor of a “Multiple input DC-DC power converter” (U.S. Pat. No. 7,227,277).